.

Monday, September 30, 2019

Compilation of Poems, Short Fiction and Non-Fiction Stories

How it's like to be Invisible It's kind of a nerdy question, but it always seems to come up. You'll be hanging out with a few friends and someone will ask, â€Å"If you could have any superpower you wanted, what would it be? Most people can't answer right away because there?s so many to choose from. But not me, know exactly what I'd pick, hands down, overtime invisibility. Just think about invisibility for a second. No one can see you. You're there but not there. You could be in the same room with someone, standing inches away, and they wouldn't realize it.Sure, they could reach out and touch you if they wanted – but would they? They wouldn't know you were there! An invisible person could be watching e this very second, and if not for the fact that my super hearing allows me to detect a heartbeat any'. Where in the world, I'd have no way of knowing. Go stand in front of a mirror. Now imagine there's no one looking back at you. Or what it would be like if you hold your hands d irectly in front of your face and saw nothing but the wall on the other side if the room. That's impossible right? That simply does not happen!For me, invisibility is the best superpower, without a doubt. Honestly don't know why people even have this discussion. The only downside to invisibility can think of – and given this lot of thought – is how tempting it would be to abuse it. For instance, it would be very easy to rob a bank. Could just stand in the lobby, totally unnoticed by anyone and wait until everyone went home for the evening. Then with the whole building to myself, could simply walk up, rip the vault door off its hinges and fill my money bags at the speed of light. But with power like that I just need to be very careful.In any case I realize it's a silly fantasy. It's never going to happen and theft how it's always going to be. There is no getting around the limitations of the real world. It's fun to ponder through. Come to think of it, it'd also be cost to have an elastic body and be able to stretch my arms and legs twenty feet or something. That'd be amazing. Can you imagine? In state of Coma And then suddenly, I just woke up in the middle of a spacious galactic vastness where my footsteps somehow reached the info unity but still finding myself wandering in the same old place.I feel nothing but the serenity of voices I hear randomly everywhere, as I continued walking in the path of uncertainty, I bumped in a dead end wall. I started to shiver in fear as the wall gradually pushed itself as if its about to crush me into pieces. I cannot do anything but to scream in a world am the only one existing, as if the walls duplicated themselves to put me inside a shrinking cube of darkness. Eventually, I began hearing random voices inflicting despair and agony around the vicinity of my perfectly working ears.I hear my name as it is being called several times with the murmurs and sounds of grief that pinch my heart to explode as devastating a s a volcanic eruption. I cannot move my arms or any parts of my body. â€Å"Help! I'm trapped inside these four walls. I'm being squeezed and can barely breathe. â€Å"Toot, toot, toot, toot†¦ † – the only mound that can distinguish coming from a man-made machine that emphasizes how stable the vitals of a person are. I finally remember now, was hit by a car on my way home, and perhaps I'm under a medical custody.A Poem about Marriage A promise of a lifetime and eternal fusion Binding two completely different persons, Both grown-ups of glee, and dosages of laments Epitomized by a rounded finger ornament Even procrastination would not turn back time Its sacrament means ‘two' must never sublime â€Å"For richer or for poorer, for better or for worst† In the altar you acknowledge, love may be cursed. A pledge where we crack holy names and scriptures Words that are sacred and shall not devour with time Union of two souls are meant not by the skies But the one who sees us, in ethereal disguise. One's longevity is not a mere necessity.For at once we promised in the presence of deity One may forget in mind all the memories But never in the heart, which knows camaraderie For it all begins with the words â€Å"l love you† And a box of sweet chocolates, flowers in red hue Always bear in mind, marriage is something to ponder, Indeed an obligation, bound to last forever A Poem about Change Change is just a cause; time and space is its agent, A crucial process brought by either fame or torment Even a photograph, would seem just imperfect You'd only see appearance? That's simply incorrect. All these people can do, around you is to whisper What can only be heard? A version that is newer? † â€Å"Is that him, is that you? † You seem a little different While you walk with glamour, along the crowded pavement You were hurt, and once lost, that is actually overt All your pain and sufferings, you considered like dirt. When you ca me back they thought, you're the person they once knew Its just so surprising; your voice is their only clue! Change is a reflection of what things you've gone through That is why there's no doubt, it transformed the whole you You're not that one person, who knows pain and blue Until you leave your homeland, on an airplane, you flew.Perhaps, that is just, how life really goes on, That you walk on earth and then everything is gone We change for the better or either for the worst Unanswered question: Do we need to be hurt first? A Poem about Faith in God Oh Lord God is it true? That you are soon to come? Because for quite a long time, you let me be lonesome. Help me understand, that your existence is true Because somehow in my heart, know there is You. Overtime I fall, get wounds that never heal It somewhat tears my belief, that heaven is for real. They say You died for our sins, and was crucified Maybe you're just a myth, or maybe I'm just blind.For years, I didn't go to church at le ast to say thank you Come on, judge me, may have forgotten you too. But wonder in spite all the wrongdoings I had Blessings rain like shower- makes me smile when I'm sad. Sometimes think you're an invisible entity You're there but not there, now believe serendipity You just do not speak, through your mouth or your hands Even I forget you, you never reprimand. Wrote this poem not because its a requirement But because I believe You, and your wise judgment And for that I will rate you, a grade of ten For my endless devotion, Hallelujah, Amen!A Poem about Hope Every ray of the sun that shines the green leafy meadows, Begins a day to be distant from tears and rear shadows For every breath that we take, for every smile that we see Is the knowledge that there's hope, in our life there's always glee For each day that passes through is a new fight that awaits A battle with the fortune, where we need a little faith Every day may not be good; we know life is a roulette Thank God, He loves us, though we're as dark as a silhouette Hoping perhaps is something we could all ever do,For penthouse we don't know if we can still make it through But there's always something to ponder, when our life gets rough â€Å"For every rain, comes the rainbow – that will make us all tough Never ever be afraid to wake up in the morning And think that life is over – that it only means nothing. Together with the glory that the world offers us, is a whispering sound, saying â€Å"strive harder and surpass†. A leaf may wither like our hair when it turns white, Life may seem to be darker than the middle of the night But even if the darkest night hides the glow of the little moon, Don't forget to go with the flow and to dance with its tune.A Poem about Betrayal You knocked at my humble door, and so I opened it up, That is how you have gain my trust, as quicker as a nap didn't wonder how fragile it was, since the day we met, until you managed to betray me, and I felt like death . You walked into my life, like dancing papers in the wind, It was smooth ‘twats graceful; on my wall our pictures are pinned. You left me so much to remember, memories indeed. Tell me what is the reason, why you have changed quite rapid!What I've given you was something, which for me was priceless It was trust that you have broken, how could you not care less? A round of applause for our very well-done performance, For making me believe, it's a non-fictional romance Still fresh in my memory when you told me to trust you, That we'll never be apart and I'm your â€Å"my only you†. Easy come, easy go? You're like common people I know, Now you ask for my trust again? Well my answer is no. What you've done was something which is not irreversible, Betraying me was your choice? Go read yourself a bible.Find the story about Judas, and please learn your lesson, â€Å"Trust is only given once, be a trustworthy person† If Only I Knew Nothing could ever be more exciting tha n the night before the day of school field trip. Tell me if Pm wrong? And so right now, time check it's 10:PM, 6 hours, and 13 minutes left as I countdown before I ride that fully air- conditioned Wi-If equipped bus. My travel bag can be my home! Almost everything need is here. Have cookies, principles, sandwiches, sweaters, orange juices, chocolates, my favorite Sponge pillow and my gadgets.Meanwhile, really can't sleep, so I turned on my laptop and watched some movies. After watching two Science Fiction movies, my mom came into my room and yelled at me. She told me to go to sleep so could have energy for tomorrow. Its 3:AMA, 2 hours left before the trip, and so decided to take a AP. Data! It's field trip time! I'm awake now. I ran quickly to take a shower and afterwards, had my breakfast and I've changed my clothes, too. Then my mom sent me to school. Wow! Here is my bus now.But something seems not right; the right tire at the back part of the bus is quite flat, I was about to tel l it to the driver but my teacher scolded me, and told me to quickly get inside because the bus was leaving and so did. I am seated at the very back part of the bus, you know, where I can lie down and have some rest while we travel. Meanwhile, think I know I'm already asleep, but it was a shallow one. I can still hear the engine of the bus, the chattering noise of my classmates, and a bit of hording from other cars stuck on the same traffic.After like, maybe forty-five minutes? Our bus has escaped the traffic and think we're now passing through the fields. This time have really fallen into a deep sleep. Just before I have my visit to dreamland, there was this weird screeching and banging sound that heard and at the same time there were a lot of people screaming for help. I couldn't care less. Maybe I'm already in dreamland and those strange noises that heard were just some sort of my imagination. I ally had a very long sleep.But I'm just right on time; we've just arrived in our dest ination, but I'm a bit worried because the tour guide who's been waiting for us would not talk to my teacher, my teacher kept on poking her but she never looked back. So, my teacher gathered all of her students, and that includes me and she said if the tour guide wont pay attention to us, then perhaps she'll be the tour guide. â€Å"Very well said ma'am! Let's go! † I said in intense excitement. Our teacher started touring us first in the Zoo. There were really lots of awesome creatures I've never seen in person before!Vie en a tarsier, an owl, an alligator, lion, tiger, parrot, a hippo, a kangaroo and there's this one animal that really stunned me, it was the shark. I'm really enjoying this trip. I could touch every animal and they do not get aggressive at all! – Specially the lion. Next stop – Enchanted Kingdom! This is it, my chance to face my fear of heights. I called three of my buddies to join me ride the Ferris wheel; navy we've got free access to all the rides. Was just a bit disgusted; the guard didn't even assist us So that We could be safe!And another thing, a Ferris wheel slot can accommodate 3 persons, but he kept eying that our seat is vacant! He's so mean. Just because were little kids he would say that? Thank God he already let us have the spin. Anyway, this is supposed to be a happy day, so even if there are people trying to ruin it, me and my buddies will just give them a smile. It was really very exhausting yet fulfilling. We've enjoyed the entire field trip. My 300 peso pocket money remained still in my bag. Time check, it's already PM, and its our call time to go back to the bus.But this trip wouldn't be so remarkable if I wont be buying any souvenir items. So I walked with haste into the souvenir shop – which eventually made me a bit passed off again, because the store owner kept ignoring me. Well, anyway, saw the shirt that caught my interest and so I grabbed it and just put my payment on the cashier's table. I hurriedly ran back to our bus because I'm afraid it may leave me behind. I don't know how I can come back home if that happens. Again, I'm just right on time. The bus is leaving and so I hopped up and proceeded to my special seat.It was really tiring that I've managed to fall quickly into a deep sleep. I dreamt of beautiful things in my life. I saw mom, I saw dad, my puppy â€Å"Bummed†, and they were all smiling at me. However, upon my deep sleep, I didn't notice the bus is already at the front of our house, my buddies woke me up. I got up and said goodbye to them. I reached home at exactly 1 1:PM. I'm very excited to see mom, I couldn't wait to tell her a lot of fascinating stories I had during the trip, but as stepped into our living room, she was there knitting, the television is turned on in the news channel.I was touched to see her repair my favorite dress – though it's too late and I cannot use it anymore in the fielder, she still carries on. I'm surprised I h ave a picture in a frame she just put on the table, she ever did that. I thought she was about to welcome me back home. I thought of it much of a surprise. But then she suddenly started weeping. I said â€Å"Mom? I'm home! Why are you crying? † bought a souvenir. A white shirt from EEK! Here! Take a look! † I am terrified, really, really terrified. If this is a joke, it's not funny anymore! â€Å"Mom! I'm here! Please pay attention! I did everything to make her look at me, but she just kept ignoring me like I'm just a part of the air. She still remained sobbing. She has finished knitting. She folded it and put in right beside my framed picture on the table. I sat beside her as she etches the news. It was breaking news, a road accident, â€Å"A bus collides with a delivery truck† I was shocked, because the bus looks just like the one I rode on the trip. It kind of like catches my interest because it says in the news that it was also heading into the Zoo for a sch ool field trip activity. Such a coincidence!The sad thing about this tragedy is that all of the passengers died – the teacher and the students. Not one managed to survive. Watched as the rescuers release the corpse from within the mangled bus. My tears suddenly fell off my eyes. My cheeks turned red as I witness the last corpse Ewing taken out of the bus – was me, it was me†¦. The Zero Visibility The Earth was one once called the II Verdure, where all the inhabitants were not humans but mutants called â€Å"Material†. Creatures that are capable of physically morphing into something or someone they want to be once they were able to touch the object or person they desire to copy.But their rules prohibit all of the Material citizens to use this skill as it can be very deceiving to anyone and it is considered a mortal sin for them. Their god is the Nature. They don't have spirits. But they also have feelings and emotions. They reproduce by hand contact. They br eathe through the existence of one another. Each Material breathes sulfur. When one Material dies, the one, or the thing he copied also vanishes. They don't have divergent personality. They are all the same two-legged creatures.But there is one special yet abominable gift each Material gets when they are born on El Verdure and this is the only thing divergent about them. Material gets the power to control one of any of the nature's wrath; volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, earthquakes, wildfires, hurricanes, tornadoes, snow storms and lightning. However, there is only one in a million chance for a particular Material citizen to possess the ability of controlling the superior power of the Earthquake and many has believed that it will never get to exist again. About CHOICE, the Earth stood to be the only planet existing in the universe.It is said to be that the Earth measures twenty times its size compare to the present time. However, this changed when one Material, decided to break free. Matisse's government system is called â€Å"Gaillardia†. (It is like a democratic system in the present time). A Material named â€Å"Scabbard† works as a â€Å"limpidly† or a helper in the Egalitarian tyrants. He is the one who keeps he darkest secrets of II Verdure's rulers. The government officials they call â€Å"functionaries† never do their jobs – to promote peace and order, and proper distribution of â€Å"razor† (rice in English).Each Material family only receives one kilogram of razor every 3 days. The Egalitarian Functionaries in the other hand receives 5 chests of razor every day. Scabbard belongs to a family that is well supported by the functionaries. But his virtues, however is telling him something ideally contrasted to what he does. El Verdure has 7 functionaries. The President who controls the lightning, the vice president, ho controls the wildfires, the two senators that can control volcanic eruptions and tsunamis, and the three governors possessing the power to control hurricanes, tornadoes and snow storms.The Egalitarian Functionaries are not just gluttonous but ruthless. They don't even care if the ordinary poor Materials die in poverty. They are heartless and sometimes they even do the killing by their own hands. They permanently take away the innate power of a Material in the process of â€Å"Montage† by injecting through the veins a red luminous elixir. It permanently disables a Material to use and trigger en of the 7 existing nature's wrath present in an individual. But in just a blink Of an eye, everything will just be dust in the wind. One day, Scabbard's mother â€Å"Matter†, was terribly sick.To see his son is his only cure because she copied the physical appearance of her son that why she needs an exchange of sulfur exclusively coming from his son only. However it is not yet time to go home for Scabbard. He didn't know what was happening to her mother. Matter goes to the â₠¬Å"Evasively† (the house of the Egalitarian Functionaries) to find her son. But the â€Å"Flaky† (Security guards) would not let her come in. Even if she explained that his son is a faithful servant of the Functionaries for years, and she's just want to talk to him inside the Evasively, still the flaky refused to agree.Instead, they bring Matter to the President for violating the rule of copying a person, and before Matter were executed; her power was cleansed first in Montage. Scabbard, finally heard about the execution and so he ran quickly to the â€Å"Domain Skittles† (or the execution room) just to witness the death of her mother. In his two eyes he watch as her mother's hurricane power is being taken away. In great anger, Scabbard screamed! And suddenly it started shaking all over El Verdure. His scream full of rage and fury has made him discovered he possess the superior power.

No comments:

Post a Comment